Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google extends added character benefits of Responsive Search Ads to text ads
Aug 9, 2018 by Ginny MarvinThe new text ad format will continue to roll out this fall. In the meantime, standard text ads can get longer, too.
- Google’s Aug. 1 core algorithm update: Who did it impact, and how much?
Aug 9, 2018 by Barry SchwartzA week after the big Google algorithm update, nicknamed the Medic Update, here is everything we know about it, including official information from Google and non-official insights from across the industry.
- Report: Google building China search query ‘blacklist’ with aid of 265.com
Aug 9, 2018 by Greg SterlingThe site was purchased by Google in 2008 and has been used to compile lists of keywords and websites that will be banned.
- How to defend yourself against an ongoing negative SEO campaign — Part 4
Aug 9, 2018 by Joe SinkwitzThere are a variety of ways to unmask people targeting your site with a negative SEO campaign. In Part 4 of our six-part series, contributor Joe Sinkwitz outlines common attack methods and how to shut them down.
- 5 local SEO myths and misconceptions that Will. Not. Die.
Aug 9, 2018 by Joy HawkinsLike a bad penny, there are certain local SEO myths that keep turning up. Contributor Joy Hawkins lists a number of misconceptions and explains why things like bogus suite numbers will not work.
- First American Indian female engineer Mary G. Ross gets a Google logo
Aug 9, 2018 by Barry SchwartzCheck out the out-of-this-world Google doodle honoring Mary G. Ross and her contributions to the aerospace industry.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web: